Brunswick, Ga. – Going for a sweep of Webber International in its season series against the Warriors, the College of Coastal Georgia men's basketball team fell short of that goal, falling 85-83 Thursday night in the second meeting between the teams at Howard Coffin Gym.

Coastal Georgia (3-7) defeated Webber 86-74 back on Nov. 5 in Babson Park, Fla., to get its first win of the 2016-17 campaign in the third game of the season.

It looked like the Mariners may get another victory over the Warriors (4-9) as they led Thursday's game 76-68 with just over six minutes to go.  However, after the under-six media timeout, the Warriors reeled off 10 unanswered points to tie the score for the fifth time in the game at 76-76 with 4:13 remaining.

Coastal Georgia's 81-78 lead with 1:54 to play was the biggest advantage the rest of the way. The teams were tied at 83-83 after a pair of made foul shots by  Coastal Georgia's Mabor Gabriel with 1:01 left.

Webber quickly scored on its next possession on a layyup by Daniel Coffey for an 85-83 lead just inside the final minute.

The Mariners missed a three-point try and also a two-point attempt on their next offensive trip, forcing them to foul with five seconds left. Webber's Joseph Sarrano would actually miss both of his free shots, giving the Mariners a shot to possibly tie or win the game.

The Mariners raced the ball into their frontcourt, but their final three-point shot didn't go and Webber got out of town with the victory.

For the game, Jordan Lewis led the Mariners with 21 points, Brandon Martin followed with 18 and Mabor Gabriel added 17. Martin led the Mariners with nine rebounds.

Webber, who shot 51.5 percent for the night, got 16 points from Coffey who was averaging a team-best 19.6 points coming into the game. Also for the Warriors, Joelle Bigham followed with 15 points, both Johathon Childs and Jovany Deceus scored 14 and Jean-Louis McDonald contributed 10. Childs also yanked down 12 boards to lead the Warriors on the glass.

Coastal Georgia came out cold, falling behind 15-4 in the first five minutes. The Mariners still trailed 27-14 after the opening 10 minutes, but they started to heat up and closed strong, tying the score twice in the final five minutes before heading to the locker room down 40-36 at halftime.

Webber padded its cushion to as much as seven early in the second half, but again the Mariners fought back to tie the score and go up by the 76-68 margin on a pair of Lewis foul shots with 6:01 left.

The Mariners will close out their pre-Christmas schedule with an exhibition game Saturday at Presbyterian.